- Information is collected from the User on registration, or when contributions are made or certain features of the site used. It is collected primarily so that Stein IAS can both personalise the use of the site for Users and to assist in provision of its services.
- Information is also collected so that Stein IAS may send Users further information about the site, related products or services, details of other Stein IAS products or services or those of third parties. The site allows the User to choose which of these will be relevant. Stein IAS will only pass information about Users (as an individual as opposed to aggregate information - as explained in clause 10) to third parties with Users' consent or otherwise set out in this policy.
- Users can amend information provided at any time by accessing User details.
- All User information is covered by the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act"). The Act requires Stein IAS to be registered as a Data Controller. Further details of the registration are available at http://www.dpr.gov.uk/
- Users can access the data held on them by contacting Stein IAS in writing or by e-mail, subject to a nominal charge of £10, as authorised by the Act, to cover administration costs.
- Users' details may be transferred to another Stein IAS company or to the new owner if ownership of Stein IAS changes.
- Whenever a User requests a page, username, IP address, browser and version and operating system are stored in a log file. This information is only used for statistical purposes to help improve this site and provide accurate statistics in the form of aggregated data.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. Please view our cookies page for further information.